Owl's Head Lighthouse, Owl's Head, ME

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Five Minute Fridays.....Forgetting

Okay. So I have missed the Five Minute Fridays again, but I am going to do my best to participate. It will just be a 5 Minute Saturday!

I must thank my friend, Leebird for alerting me to this opportunity to grow. Visit her at http://prayergifts.blogspot.com/ Her posts always inspire and encourage. Even though we have never met in person, I know that I would love to sit down and chat with her over a cup of coffee.

The topic for this week was Forgetting.

There are many times that I find myself bemoaning my tendency to forget. As a mother, I believe I have lost far too many of my brain cells. With each child a few more disappeared into the "Great Unknown", along with everything that happened to be stored within them.

There are times when I feel great sadness as I try to remember details about my kids early years, and I just come up empty. Why can't I remember it all? Mother guilt stomps all over yet again.

But there is another forgetting that is harder to do. Paul spoke of it in Philippians 3:13, 14 "....but this one this I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus

Forgetting the things before....the hard things, the hurtful things, the things that hold me back from life today. It takes concentrated effort to let some of these go. They haunt my mind, yet, I must forget.

There is one goal, and that is the high calling from my Lord. He calls, and I hear.

I look back at failures behind, and my steps falter.

He calls again. I look forward to Him and cry for grace to let go of what is behind.

He answers, and I step forward, knowing His grace is sufficient, even for the forgetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment