Owl's Head Lighthouse, Owl's Head, ME

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Gift of Hope

I was challenged today to look at the practice of hope.

This challenge could not have been timed more perfectly. For life feels a confusing mix of hope and hopelessness. These days when one stage of life is ending, and, yes, another beginning, but....we in our short-sightedness cannot see the picture of the new life. For us it is simply an unknown.

Life is looking very much like a series of heart-wrenching disappointments. For just when we begin to breathe normally again, another comes and takes our breath away.

Indecision, uncertainty....they weigh heavy. I feel my age, and more.

In the midst of this, I find a germ of truth buried within my soul. Hope.

It is this that allows me to wake up each day and move forward. It is this that keeps me from shutting down. As badly as I want to pull the covers over my head and shut out the pressures, there is a tiny bit of hope within that causes me to think that maybe this is the beginning of something better.

Hope is like that. A beautiful gift given to us by our Heavenly Father Who must take us through the trials, but Who never leaves us without this gift meant for us to unwrap.

No matter how hard it becomes, you will always have hope, for you are His.

Look forward, Child. If you could see, there would be no need of hope.

Continue to hope.



"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

No comments:

Post a Comment